Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ampeg BA-115

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by ARA punk, Dec 26, 2001.

1. ARA punk

ARA punk

Jul 11, 2001
    USA, Shelby, NC
    I was looking at the Ampeg BA-115 a few days ago. I liked the way it looked, it seemed like a nice amp. I like the fact that it had built in effects and came w/ a foot pedal. (i like accesories ;) ). Anyway, My band has two guitars, they run through fairly loud 70 to 100 watt amps and we mainly play in cofee shops, and (non-crowded) gyms. Is this a good buy for what im doing?

PS, if it makes a difference our drummer is on an electronic set most of the time.

2. don't know what size that amp is, but you could probably get away with using anything 100watts or over for that type of gig. Though the more head room the better, that's what I always say.

3. Bernie

Bernie

Dec 12, 1999
    Ive had the std BA-115 without the effects for awhile now.Great amp!You should be fine for smaller gigs/coffee house stuff but if your guitar guys crank up those 70-100 watters they'll crush you like a bug.Good luck!

4. ARA punk

ARA punk

Jul 11, 2001
    USA, Shelby, NC
    Thanks. I am on a really tight budget though. Im at a little under 500 bucks. Is this probablly the better deal for my price range?

5. Bernie

Bernie

Dec 12, 1999
    Unless you go used id say this is probably your best bet.You could save some by getting the one like mine without the effects.Besides,youd be better off buying the ones you need made specificaly for what you want.Most onboard effects are none too good from the ones ive heard.Good luck!

6. The BA-115 is a good amp though I haven't had much experience with the digital effects version. I've had mine for about a year and a half now.

For the money.. I have not encountered a better bass amp than the BA-115.

I'm in agreement with what has been said.. it's a great amp for a coffeehouse kind of deal. If your guitarists stay at reasonable levels you should be just fine. It would take a pretty mighty bass amp to compete with a 70-100w tube guitar amp if it was running on full.