1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ampeg BA-210sp Distortion at Volume

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by BuckN4k3d, Sep 20, 2016.

1. BuckN4k3d

BuckN4k3d

Jan 25, 2013
    I've been using this amp pretty heavily for about 6 years with no issues. Last time I had it out there was significant buzzing going on at about half volume, especially lower notes. Sounded like a snare drum vibrating, but after searching around the room I determined the buzzing was coming from the amp itself. Turned down or plugged into the -15 input and the buzzing went away. The next day I took off the front panel and pulled out the speakers but didn't see any damage or anything that would cause the buzz. I quick used my phone to record a bit of us playing for reference. Any theories???

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bx6GwsOJtfulSzUxR2NWYXgzSFE

Amp Manual:
    http://www.ampeg.com/pdf/BA210SP.pdf

Thanks in advance!

2. Rick Auricchio

Rick Auricchio Registered Bass Offender

Could be the effects loop jacks. With the amp OFF, run a guitar plug in and out of each jack several times.

If you have contact cleaner, wet the plug (not the jack) before running the plug into the jacks.

3. BassmanPaul

BassmanPaul Inactive Suspended

[QUOTE="Rick Auricchio, post: 19215881, member: 104223”]If you have contact cleaner, wet the plug (not the jack) before running the plug into the jacks.[/QUOTE]

This, unfortunately, will do nothing for the normalizing contacts that are causing the problem. Try connecting a short signal cable between the Send and Return and see if that helps.

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Nov 26, 2020