Ampeg BA 210SP footswitch jack

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by rowyco, Feb 26, 2005.

1. rowyco

Sep 24, 2004
    Traverse City, MI
    I’m looking at getting one of these amps and was wondering if I could use the footswitch jack to attach a tuner to? I would like to have a tuner connected to this amp for easy tuning (I really like the built in tuner that the regular BA 210 has). So would hooking a tuner to the footswitch jack work on this amp? Thanks in advance.
  2. Lync

Lync Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2004
    I can't answer your question about hooking up the tuner to a footswitch on the BA210SP, but I can offer my opinion (can't everyone? :eyebrow: )

What effects are you going to use off of the SP? The reason I ask is that the built-in tuner from the BA210 is very cool for a combo amp. You will always have a tuner on hand and (hopefully) be able to play in tune. If you need an effect such as a chorus or distortion, you can always pick that up as a pedal or a multi-effects unit.

If you need the effects from the BA210SP, you could also run a tuner between your bass and the amp. The Peterson Strobe tuner has a true-bypass feature, meaning it will not affect the signal at all between your bass and amp when it is disengaged.

Other tuners aren't true bypass, but they don't necessarily kill your tone either.

Just some points relating (if ever so distantly) to the Ampeg BA210SP.