AMPEG BA-210SP ???

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Dean_CustomJazz, Mar 24, 2002.

1. Dean_CustomJazz

Dean_CustomJazz Guest

Jan 23, 2002
    has anyone owned/tried this amp? I have a few questions.
    1. how is the sound?
    2. how are the effects?
    3. Does it have a DI? or Line out?
    4. Is it loud enough for 300 people with PA support/without?
  2. JayAmel

JayAmel Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2002
    Aurillac, France
    I can't answer the first two questions, given that I didn't try this amp.

I may be wrong, but a 2x10 amp cabinet does not inspire me much faith. Except for huge cabinets such as SVT-810E, I wouldn't experience bass playing with only 10" speakers...

Back to the BA-210SP, however...

This amp has a balanced line out.

Without PA support, I'm afraid a 220 W RMS amp is too weak for playing among 300 people.

With a PA support, even a 30 W RMS amp is loud enough, provided it is plugged on the console ;)

Hope this helps,

All the best,
  3. Dean_CustomJazz

Dean_CustomJazz Guest

Jan 23, 2002
    when you use the line out, does it take away the signal to the speakers, or does it still play out of the amp and send the line out?
  4. Monkey Style

Monkey Style

May 19, 2002
    Los Angeles
    I recently purchased this amp.
    The speakers are still active with a line out but if you plug into the headphone jack it disables the speakers (great for recording at home).
    Onto your other questions- but let me caveat 1st- I'm a guitarist who just recently bought a bass, so I'm no bass expert.
    For what I wanted I love this amp. I tried several SWR's, Peavey, Crate, Kustom, etc and found this to have the best tone, wattage and bells and whistles for the money.
    My only complaint are the effects- they aren't great and I'm not even sure some of them work correctly (the synth effects sound awful). Anyone own one and wanta talk about the effects?
    Definitely could not stand alone in a crowd of 300. I have a little trouble cutting through when I play with a drummer and guitarist- but for what I wanted it's great.