1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Ampeg BA110 vs Tech 21 VT Bass Character into Rocktron Rampage

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Two-Spirit, Apr 19, 2017.

1. Two-Spirit

Two-Spirit Steve Harris' biggest fan Gold Supporting Member

I'm getting my Peavey Cirrus in a couple weeks. It turns out I can't buy the full size amp I wanted. So, I'm thinking of getting the 1 10" or maybe the VT Character pedal in front of my guitar amp. The Amp is Rocktron Rampage with two eight inch speakers and 50 watts. I thought maybe I could dial out some treble on the amp and also use the eq on the Sansamp

2. P-oddz

P-oddz Supporting Member

Apr 7, 2009
    Milwaukee, WI
    Depends on how loud you want to go with either of these and your playing intentions.

The guitar amp/VT Bass route will probably work just fine, but might not sound the greatest due to the speakers being tuned for guitar. You will also need to watch that you are not pushing them too hard or risk blown speakers. Also, having the VT opens you up to plug into a DAW if you wanted and get some amp emulation for recording/messing around.

If you are looking for a practice amp that can also handle coffee room volume levels in case you want to play with others, the BA110 would probably be your better bet. Either solution will not get you extreme volume if you need it.

Two-Spirit likes this.
  3. Thom Smith

Thom Smith Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2017
    Bangkok, Thailand
    Well, it won't sound like an SVT, but the VT is very versatile. It will be there for you when you get something that moves more air. The VT Bass also shines through the DI. All the controls are interactive, so it's tweak city...just experiment!

Two-Spirit likes this.