Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ampeg BA112

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by PuNk BaSSisT, May 16, 2001.

1. PuNk BaSSisT

PuNk BaSSisT

May 1, 2001
    Canada
    I need a combo amp and I'm seriously considering the Ampeg BA112 50 watt combo. It should be nice and punchy.

Does anyone have any experience with this particular amp?

2. I have been using one at rehearsals for over year now. Its a great sounding little amp with a surprising array of tones ala the selector dial . Works great in practice but seriously doubt you could really gig with it. If you plan on using it for more than practice , I'd suggest you spring for the BA115 its not much more expensive and would work in a much wider range of venues & it has a D.I. out

3. PuNk BaSSisT

PuNk BaSSisT

May 1, 2001
    Canada
    I play with a very "trebly" sound, and I dont know if the BA115 would sound any good.

I guess i'm gonna have to get off my lazy butt and go try some out.

4. I guess you are.

The BA112 is not an adequate gigging amp with a hard rock or punk band.

Believe me, I tried.

Tasty, low volume blues, jazzy things, yeah.

But not rock.

5. PuNk BaSSisT

PuNk BaSSisT

May 1, 2001
    Canada
    The local music has all the fender bassman models on display, I should go check those out.

I have an Ampeg SVT-2 Pro head and an SVT810E cab that I bought both used that I use for gigs, but I dont like lugging it all around just to practice at half the volume. Do you think the Fender Bassman 60 or 100 would do the job for me?

6. The Bassman 100 will just make it...but I would go for the 200 for choice with a loud band. Or the equivalent Peavey.