1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ampeg BA115...Bugera speaker

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by mello_bedwetter, Mar 7, 2008.

1. I just found out the speaker in the Ampeg BA115(100 watt)is a Bugera aluminum cone speaker. Is that bad? I think that's what Behringer puts in their amps. Anyone know?

2. joelb79

joelb79

Mar 22, 2006
    Lansing, Michigan
    you've got to be kidding me. Where did you read that Ampeg uses aluminum cones?! ROFL!

3. I have an Amapeg BA115 so I contacted Musician's Friend. They emailed me and told me.

4. srxplayer

srxplayer

May 19, 2004
    Highland, CA
    Don't believe the goofs at MF. They don't know what they are talking about.:rollno:

That Ampeg or any Ampeg for that mater does not use a Bugera aluminum speakers.

5. If you're right you just made my day. I was hoping the speaker wasn't the same that Behringer uses.

6. I just looked on Ampeg's website and it says...Custom Ampeg 15" speaker.

7. Earwigger

Earwigger I'm a Roland man now.

Aug 23, 2005
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Its not aluminum, and MF should be ashamed for being so incompetent.

8. lug

lug

Feb 11, 2005
    League City, Tx
    That hissy tweeter must be aluminium! :eek:

:D

9. Maybe so but I'll put up with that hiss before a muffled, blown, cheap sound of a Behringer. One thing for sure, when the tweeter decides to hiss it hisses pretty freakin' loud.

10. Since it is a Custom Ampeg 15" it should be a pretty decent speaker?

11. The 10's in my SVT410HE are from Eminence. I'm guessing that's where all Ampeg's stuff comes from. I have no idea as to the quality of that 15.

12. I was just wondering. The amp sounds good, although I've never had it cranked.

13. lug

lug

Feb 11, 2005
    League City, Tx

I would just excercise the "unplug" option if it bothered me. :D

14. You can unplug it? How do you get to it?

15. pedroims

pedroims

Dec 19, 2007
    Michigan
    Just take the grill out, it has velcro on the corners, and cut the wires. I emailed ampeg about this hiss crap and the wrote me back saying that there is nothing wrong with cutting the wires

16. It really doesn't bother me that much. It seems as though if it is hissing when I turn it on, all i have to do is turn down all of the controls, turn it off and right back on and it's gone. That seems to work all right. This is good to know just in case I get a wild hair to pull the plug on the tweeter. I'm actually thinking of getting the Fender Bassman 250/210 anyway.

17. Checked the speaker on my BA115 (made in China) & it was made by SLM Electronics.