Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ampeg BA115 Combo (keeping up with my guitarist)

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by pike66, Dec 22, 2001.

1. pike66

pike66

Apr 28, 2001
    Long Island NY
    hey!
    will an ampeg BA115 (one of those amps designed for a beginner, but i'm only a beginner in wallet size. lol)
    keep up with a loud guitar player and drummer? Most of the places we play are miked. But I want something cheap, and loud. and something that can be loud on its own. I've narrowed it down to this ampeg, and a gallien krueger backline 1X15 combo. somebody help! lol
    thanks,
    --pike--

2. Hey, for a long while i used just my BA115 (I like to call it "balls") with a loud drummer and a fairly loud guitar player. its really a nice amp, its served me well, its also got a line out if you want to put it through the PA, which i did when i could, but when i couldnt I was fine too. The other nice thing about it is it doesnt really clip so you can push it pretty hard if you want to without even hearing that you're pushing it pretty hard. I like it a lot and it should serve you well.. oh, and by the way, mine's for sale, e-mail me about it if you want it. Christo3142@aol.com
    Chris

3. pike66

pike66

Apr 28, 2001
    Long Island NY
    hey,
    thanks for the advice!
    I'm gonna buy one definately.
    my budget is semi-o.k. so I really want to buy it new.
    but thanks very much for the offer.
    I'm on the harmony-central forums every few months asking dumb questions about various gear. recently a vox cambridge reverb guitar amp. I love so many different sounds, and instruments, but I ask very basic, general questions. I'm not a scholar, but I know what i hear, like to hear, want to play, etc. So anyway, to cut this long story, I'm in an original hard rock alternative band, and I want something light, but good sounding. I've only dealt with my Ampeg SVT classic head with 4 10 cabinet, which is a bitch to lug on a tour.
    So I don't really know about light, low wattage amps.
    anyway, thanks for the info. :)
    --pike--