Ampeg Ba115 or Fender Rumble 100???

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Tym2cu_bass, Dec 28, 2003.

1. i dont know much about amps, and i've started several threads today on wat i should get, and finally i get it boiled down to:
    * Ampeg Ba 115
    * Fender Rumble 100
    I dont have to much, like $400 and those to amps are around 400, im goin 2 start in a rock band like wat Creed and Nickleback does(the lost their old bass player; im a replacement), which is better for me to use?
    and wat about a used one?

-thx a lot
  2. The 0x

The 0x

Aug 24, 2003
    Timonium, MD
    Ampeg BA-115. No amp comes close in the price range.
  3. Warwick

Dec 17, 2003
    I currently use the Ampeg BA-115 and like Ox said you can't beat it for the price range. I also do not like the new Fender's after just playing one.
  4. The rumble 100 i played didnt sound nice. Sort of like the peaveys. Rugged, loud, but not half as toneful as the Ampeg.
    Get the ampeg.
  5. thx for the help... now i just have to find a store that has them around here in Oregon
  6. fender rumble 100 is awesome, i just got mine and i love it, my bands kinda like what you said and this amps does wonderful
  7. ampeg is better though.
    A/B them and you'll see it too.

The rumbles ok in its price range, but ampeg just is great. I really like Ampeg's sound, and i think it really comes out with this combo.
  8. McHack

Jul 29, 2003
    Central Ohio!
    BA115... period.
  9. Shri

Feb 25, 2003
    France, Paris
    Ampeg much better for me !!
  10. Humblerumble

Feb 22, 2004
    I tried the Fender and the Ampeg side by side in the store. I ended up with the BA115HP, which I believe is exactly the same but 225 watts. I use it when my SVT stack is too much (or I'm feeling lazy :) and I have been very pleased with it, that and the fact that Victor Wooten used my amp to do a clinic when he was in town. That didn't affect the sound but it did up the cool factor ;)
  11. Shri

Feb 25, 2003
    France, Paris
    cool !!! i think i'm gonna get this one too !! How would you compare it to the 210sp if you've tried it ? Are the lows still clear enough?
  12. Humblerumble

Feb 22, 2004
    I didn't have access to the 2x10 combo so I can't say for sure. I usually like 10" speakers best, but I have been very pleased with this amp.