Ampeg BA115 vs B100R

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by lamaxfr, Mar 5, 2004.

1. lamaxfr

Feb 13, 2004
    What would be your choice between these two combos, and why? 100 w for all the two, and the price is quite the same.

2. dosminutos

Oct 17, 2003
    i was wondering the same thing :confused:
  3. josh_m

May 5, 2004
    Davie, Fl
    the B-100R has a 4 band EQ, and the BA115 has a 3 band. I don't know if the B-100R has a tweeter or not. Also the look, some people like the vintage look.
  4. main_sale

Apr 26, 2004
    Cape Cod
    I like my B-100R a lot. It does not have a tweeter, but that is a good thing for me. I was after "old school" rich, deep tones and I got it. I also like the Retro look. It is easy to carry too. It has inputs for active and passive basses, switches for Ultra low, ultra mid, and ultra high, gain, bass, low mid, high mid, treble, master, line out, and phones. You can get a huge amount of tones out of this nice bass amp. They seem to hold their value well too.
  5. josh_m

May 5, 2004
    Davie, Fl
    The BA115 Has a tweeter, still very rich from the 15" but the tweeter helps clean up the highs by compensating for the woofer. It also has a normal and a -10dB padded input. It has a standard 3 band EQ and a 5 way style switch. There are two volume controls, a preamp volume and a poweramp volume, and there is an XLR line-out, 1/4" headphone jack, and RCA tape-in. Both of them will hold their value as Ampeg is an immensly popular company.

So comparing his Rocket and my BA the differance is in the EQ, the tweeter, and the look. The BA seems to be for bass players playing newer styles who need a very versatile tone. The Rocket seems like it is geared more towards players looking for the classic Ampeg sound and the look of their old flip-tops without spending all the money.
  6. josh_m

May 5, 2004
    Davie, Fl
    They make 3 BA115's. The regular one, the SP which has 105w and built-in digital effects, and the HP which has 220w. No amp in the BA series has a 5-band EQ, they have 3 band with the style selector which effects the mid's.