1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

ampeg BA115...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by burpedburped, Sep 1, 2008.

1. burpedburped

burpedburped

Aug 25, 2008
    ampeg BA115???

2. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Ampeg B100R.

3. CraigG

CraigG

Mar 14, 2006
    Mechanicsburg, PA
    Hissssssss
    [​IMG]

4. I know it's not the same amp, but I have an older BA110, and while the tone is nice, I find it woefully underpowered to do anything more than be used as a practice amp. I've heard similiar things about the 115.

5. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    What will it need to do?

6. spaz21387

spaz21387

Feb 25, 2008
    Portland oregon
    I wouldnt buy another one. I bought one maybe 4 and a half years ago. I thought it would be a great first ampeg. I was really wrong. It hisses really loud It sounds really boomy. I would recomend you look into ashdown they are way better. I bought an ashdown mag300 and 4x10 cab and the ba115 sat for 2 years. Just recently someone messed with the ashdown head they put a paperclip in it and then it started smoking. I think it was the guitarist in my old band he was complaining that I was too loud that day. I went back to the ampeg ba115 and hate it. The speaker in the ba115 just blew out too and I never cranked it up so I cant figure out why It would blow.

7. kevs

kevs

Feb 15, 2007
    Charlotte, NC
    Holy crap, I nearly pissed myself when I saw that. Those who own BA115s know. HISSSSS!

8. PanDeVida85

PanDeVida85

Nov 10, 2008
    Miami, FL
    I dont mind the hisss... in fact you dont even notice it when you're jammin :)

9. serein2j

serein2j

May 25, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Forced to use it every weekend and NOT my favorite at all.............

10. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    I got a great deal on one, figured I could flip it for what I paid for it if I didn't like it. Luckily I was right, I couldn't get a decent tone out of it and flipped it within a week.

11. I was always happy with mine for all the time I owned it. The hiss was never a problem for me.

There is always better out there, but for what I could afford, I was more than happy with the purchase. If you do not gig, jam or play outside of your room, then I think it is not a bad purchase... Of course that is just my op, and of course I cannot speak about the new models that people apparently have issues with....