1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

AMPEG BA115HP PROBLEM

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by miguelazaro, Oct 2, 2013.

1. miguelazaro

miguelazaro

Oct 2, 2013
    I just bought an used ampeg ba115hp (200watts), it sounds great but I just compared with an Ampeg ba115 (100watts) and realize that at full volume mine it doesnt even get close to the ampeg ba115 at half volume. why is that? any help would be great!

2. The difference between a 100W amp and a 200W amps is not all that much with regards to volume. If the amp gets loud enough for your purposes then don't sweat it. :)

3. edencab

edencab

Aug 14, 2013
    Toronto, On
    hiya fellow Torontonian!.........hmmm.. but the Op is saying a full blast 200 watter is not even as loud as a 1/2 blast 100 watter.......seems like there is a problem.......

I on the other hand have no solution :(

4. The HP is most likely operating hard on the limiter if you crank "fully on". The difference between wattages is not a big difference as BassmanPaul said above. Try both units at "half" on the master and report back.