1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ampeg BA115HP vs Acoustic B220H w/115

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Davyo, Mar 26, 2009.

1. Davyo

Davyo Davyo Supporting Member

Nov 26, 2008
    Las Vegas, Nv
    So I just had delivered the Ampeg BA115HP, haven't played thru it yet with a full band set-up. The first live gig in a med sized venue is not going to happen untill after the Ampeg is past the 30 day return policy, so I have no way of knowing if the Ampeg will be a keeper for small to med sized gigs (think 80"s classic rock band volume, playing a 5 string Jazz bass).

After getting the BA115HP I started looking at the Acoustic B200H with the 115 cab and now Im just losing sleep over what to do.

I really love the Ampeg sound, but for med sized gigs, classic rock band, using a 5 string Jazz bass, whats going to be the best choice,, the Ampeg or the Acoustic ????

Thanks in advance
    Cheers
    Davyo

2. Davyo

Davyo Davyo Supporting Member

Nov 26, 2008
    Las Vegas, Nv
    Ok, Im replying to my own post to say,, never mind,,,,,, I found the answer to my Ampeg vs Acoustic question's.

I went to my local GC and picked up the B200H and the 115 cab and did a side by side comparison with my Ampeg BA115HP,,,,,, the Ampeg is getting returned and I am soooooo keeping the Acoustic set-up.

WOW,,, what a difference,,,, while I have always been a big Ampeg fan, the Acoustic just blew the Ampeg away in every way,,,volume, tone, power, punch and just over-all sound in general,,,,, as a matter of fact I would go so far as to say it was almost not even a fair contest.

And the Acoustic even cost far less than the Ampeg.

Ok,, I get it now, all the praise for these new Acoustics is well deserved !!!!!!!

I been playing bass professionaly for over 25 years and have had more than a few amps/brands over all those years,, I am very very happy with my new Acoustic rig,,,it's a keeper !!!!!

Can't wait to get the 4x10 cab to add to the new set-up.

Cheers
    Davyo