1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ampeg BA115T (tube)

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by MichiBass, Nov 12, 2006.

1. It's new...

Anyone tried it?
    And it's cheap! 349 $ on ZZounds.
    12AU7 in preamp...

Can it be real?

2. 100 watt 1x15 combo with a pretube? It isnt amazingly cheap really .

3. giggable!!!

4. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Whaaaa!?!?

Might be worth checking out.

However, I hated the BA115, I wonder if the tube will make any effect.

5. Why did you hated it?

6. i gigged with the BA115 it was amazing people here are like 100 watts is nothing but man how many watts do you neeD?

7. 100 is fairly enough for me, a tube preamp is heaven.
    But I live in ROmania, and in Europe there are like 700 Euros...
    Does anybody ship to Romania? No...

8. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    The BA100 was really hissy, added noise to any bass, and frankly sounded quite sterile. The speaker could hardly handle the volume I threw at it and started to distort with the volume on 6 with conservative EQ'ing.

Definately in the POS category for me.

9. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    General rule of thumb is 3:1 ratio for bass watts to guitar watts in order to cut through without PA support. My stack is 480W.

10. ^ true.. i had a 50 watt crate amp once and the guitarist had like 100 watts and the bass can still be heard not even on full level its weird how things work like this..

11. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    The ratio is the other way around... 300 bass watts for 100 guitar watts. General rule of thumb, and based on playing styles, there are exceptions though.

12. Heh. Wait until your guitarist buys an 85 watt all-tube Fender Twin Reverb.

...Like mine did. :bawl:

(Unless you're using PA support)

13. true but what if theres two guitarists usuing 50 watts? same thing with 300 watts or depends what amps

14. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Yes. Two guitarists using 50W would equal 100W between them. Once again, general rule of thumb. You may need more or less than 300W depending on style. I find 480W to be a nice usable, while affordable medium.

15. I use a 300 watt all tube head which cost me £500 and i wont need to update it any time soon!

I can over power the guitarist in my band easily :D (100 watt JCM900 (all valve) half stack)

16. is the amp louder than the regular BA115???

17. Usually tube amps are louder, but i dunno

18. That isnt a tube amp tho

19. shanmag

shanmag

Jul 27, 2005
    anyone played one of these? or are they fairly new?