AMPEG BA210 NO Output

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jaynh, Nov 30, 2019.

1. jaynh

jaynh

Mar 18, 2009
    I've owned a BA210 Combo amp for about 4 or 5 years. It's been great. Last night I was hooking it up to the mixing board for a jam. It worked for 10 minutes and then cut out. It is giving me no output at all. I shut it off and let it sit for a bit, turned it back on, and again no sound. I switched cables and basses and still nothing. I tried to the headphone jack--no sound from headphones. I tried hooking up my phone to the aux in jack--no sound. I turned on and off all the buttons and knobs--no sound. When I press the HF Mute button there is a popping sound. I tried all of that again this morning and still no sound.

Before I take the amp apart, any ideas about what might be wrong?

2. Bent77

Bent77 Supporting Member

Mar 6, 2013
    Desert, Colorado
    Any lights come on?

I saw a few wiring diagrams on line, but I questioned their validity. I would suspect there is a fuse, but it may be in front of the switch and after the plug

3. jaynh

jaynh

Mar 18, 2009
    Yes, all the lights come on.

4. abarson

abarson

Nov 6, 2003
    Santa Cruz
    Light on: power supply appears to be working and fuse is good.
    No sound from any outputs: the problem resides either in the input jack or in the very first stage of the preamp section. Unless you know how to troubleshoot this, it's time to visit the tech. You've already gone through a process of elimination of external possibilities and all outputs.

agedhorse likes this.
  5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 16, 2022