1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ampeg BA210 or Bassman 250/210...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by mello_bedwetter, Mar 8, 2008.

1. I'm wanting to upgrade from my Ampeg BA115(100 watts). I'm thinking about one of these two combo's....Ampeg BA-210 or the Fender Bassman 250/210. Does anyone on here have one of these or played through one before. Looking for some input. Thanks.
    Ampeg BA-210
    [​IMG]

Fender Bassman 250/210
    [​IMG]

2. thudfromafar

thudfromafar

Dec 12, 2007
    Chicago
    Are you sure you want a ginormous combo? Why not go for head/cab

3. I Have the Bassman 250/210. I have owned a batch of Ampeg stuff but never a combo. Well a B118 years and years ago. The bassman is super. great EQ section and the compression just flat out is crazy. Good casters for moving. Cut the horn switch down almost off and it goes very low for a 210 set up. IMO Maybe a bit pricey. But It sounds very good to me.

4. I tried the Bassman last weekend and really liked the sound of it. I didn't try cranking it since I was in the store though.

5. So the Bassman 250 you think?