1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ampeg BA300/115 with Stingray

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by hry_glb, Apr 21, 2010.

1. hry_glb

hry_glb

Jun 14, 2005
    Seattle, WA
    Hello all,

I'm planning to get this Ampeg BA300/1x 15 amp. I mainly play in small venue and most of the time, my living room using my beloved Ray. I'm not an amp guy, used to own Hartke and GK combos and would like to give Ampeg a try now.

I wonder if anybody has ever tried/own this particular combination, or maybe opinion about the sound characteristic of this amp itself in conjunction with Ray's signature sound which I love. What do you guys think? Thanks in advance :bassist:

2. Highfox

Highfox

Mar 10, 2010
    Finland
    Sorry I have no idea how that combination will work for you.
    But I can tell you that I tried out the BA115HP (220W) yeasterday with a Fender J and to my ears it sounded very sweet, and next week I'll go back and pick up the amp. I only need it for home practice and smallish gigs and jams so it's plenty for me.
    So...
    if the 300 sounds half as good, you should have no problems.
    Maybe not the answer you were looking for , but some kudos from me for these BA combos :)

Good luck.

3. Daywalker

Daywalker

Apr 13, 2005
    SOCAL
    I tried out an ampeg BA300/210 a couple days ago, and that thing sounded surprisingly loud and clean for a combo. Needless to say, I was impressed...

4. hry_glb

hry_glb

Jun 14, 2005
    Seattle, WA
    Thank you guys for the input, they're really helpful. Glad to hear that this combo is rated pretty good by many people here. After I read few threads about this amp, I think this one might be the one for me after all.

However, the biggest question is still left unanswered. How does it respond to the Ray's tone? I've never owned an Ampeg before, neither heard Stingray being played with it (or Ampeg combo in general) live. GK worked great for me but they don't even have GK in my local shop (I miss the States, and GC now lol.)

EDIT: They don't have it in stock so I have to order it (and pay partial money) to even TRY it. That's why I've been researching like maniac lately.