1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ampeg BA500 Combo Revisit

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jamzcl, Nov 5, 2018.

1. jamzcl

jamzcl

Jul 21, 2004
    Des Moines, IA USA
    Had one of these combos about 6 or so years ago and sold it when my gigging slowed down at the time. Wished I had never sold it as it was a workhorse for about 4 years as my practice amp and smaller gigs with PA support.

Found this beauty a couple months ago and it looked like it had never been out of the house. I snagged it and the only thing wrong with it was the fan seemed really loud from what I remember my old one sounded like. Bought a new fan at Full Compass (took about 6 weeks to get) hoping that would solve the problem, and voilà, it's like a new combo!

I've never 're-bought' a piece of gear before, but this was one of those I did regret selling being how versatile it can be with the addition of an extension cab. The only downside is I forgot how heavy it is and you have to be careful wheeling it around so as to not tip it over on the wedge side.

20181105_155047. 20181103_134316.

2. DeltaDelta

DeltaDelta

Feb 17, 2018
    Italy
    That looks MINT! Nice catch.
    I am on the market for a combo and am very much looking into older Pegs as modern amps don't entice me as much.
    Enjoy your new (old) toy!

jamzcl likes this.