1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ampeg BA600/115 or Fender Bassman TV 15'' combo

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bassman74, Apr 16, 2010.

1. bassman74

bassman74 Supporting Member

Jan 2, 2007
    Montreal
    Today, i tried the BA600/115 and i LOVED it. At first i wanted to buy the ba300 but it wasn't in stock so i tried the BA600. Wow huge low end and still plenty of definition.

When i saw the ampeg's i told myself at this price i can afford the new but already famous Fender 15'' Bassman TV combo.

I haven't tried the fender but i listened to ed friedland'S review and it sounded great!!!

What i liked about the ampeg is the tone but also the modern and vintage channels. It's cool to have 2 sounds in one click.
    I'm worried about the reliability.

I like the fender's tone but is it versatile enough???

I play rock, blues and a little funk, no slap!!!

any comments is appreciated...

thanks for watching

2. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Totally personal preference. Neither amp has been out for a long time yet, though the Ampeg has been out longer. I'm not impressed with any of Ampeg's solid state combo's, but those new Fenders certainly *look* better. Buy with your ears.

3. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    tv 15. the ba600 is a ba115 with more power. i'm a big ampeg guy and the ba115's a nice amp for $300, but the tv 15 is great at any price. cops the vintage fender sound, which i've really started to like after hating it for so long. i might have gotten one if there was a chance my wife wouldn't kill me.

:help:

:D

4. Murph#2

Murph#2

Mar 24, 2010
    murph#2
    I really hate to say it but I would be careful of these BA/300 and BA 600 there have been a multitude of problems I.E. faulty
    solder joint from the LOUD technologies plant in china. Read some reviews namely at MF. I have been all over the web about these amps and what I have read scares me. This really sucks I hope ampeg gets things straightened out on this issue.