Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ampeg badge, vintage? Offers!!

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by rojo412, Mar 9, 2003.

1. rojo412

rojo412 MARK IT ZERO! Supporting Member

Feb 26, 2000
    Cleveland, OH.
    I mentioned that a friend of mine has an old SVT 8x10 cab. Well, not anymore! I have it and I'm parting it out. Here's the badge, PM me offers. The brownish shmutz on it is duct tape residue and I got the "funk" off the "p" in the logo with ease.

Also, if you know how to post the pic I took in the reply (I could only do the bottom thing), let me know.

2. rojo412

Feb 26, 2000
    Cleveland, OH.
    Oh, and if you have requests for other parts, please let me know. Some of it is original...

3. How much for the dolly?

4. rojo412

Feb 26, 2000
    Cleveland, OH.
    I assume you mean the handle (pic included below). It's got some dents, but works and is solid. Give me an offer, I have no clue what the going rate is on these. Worst I can say is no, right?

5. dirk

dirk

Apr 6, 2000
    Memphis, TN
    what condition are the casters in?

Dirk

6. I thought it was an old cab. The old ones had little "wheeled carts" that I call a dolly. The handle you have is from a newer "tilt-back" style. When I say newer, it could be as old as a '76.

Thank you for the quick reply/offer/pic. I'm sure someone will want it because folks don't part-out cabs everyday. Good Luck! :)

7. rojo412

Feb 26, 2000
    Cleveland, OH.
    Actually, the wheels are replacements that are way too big for the cab.

Also, I believe I am going to keep this cab for a while, so thanks for the interest, but I won't be parting it out.

Thanks for the heads up on the age, I had no clue and neither did the previous owner.