1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Ampeg + Behringer stuff

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Slayer bass, Sep 25, 2003.

1. Hi,

My current amplification setup is Ampeg SVP-BSP preamp, behringer MDX-1400 compressor, Behringer T-1951 Equalizer and a 500w Power amplifier.
    Well, I would like to have a more flexible equalization that’s why I bought the Behringer equalizer, but the Beringer Equalizer T-1951 don’t sound that good for my taste, I think it’s the valve on each channel, and last time I used it sometimes the output level changed while I was playing.
    And I don’t use the overdrive channel of the SVP-BSP, in fact I HATE the overdrive channel sound.
    The best alternative to me would be to sell the SVP-BSP and T-1951 and buy a SVP-PRO, but I can’t find this unit where I live (São Paulo – Brazil), “please don’t ask me how I Bought the SVP-BSP”.
    Well, there’s a Ampeg SVT-3 in a store aronund here, and behringer stuff is very easy to find.
    So I ask you, what would you do?

Sell the SVP-BSP, the T-1951 and the power amplifier and buy the SVT-3

OR

Sell the T-1951 and just buy a PEQ-2200 (I’ve read a lot of good reviews about this unit)

Thanks

2. McHack

McHack

Jul 29, 2003
    Central Ohio!
    SVT3Pro's ARE very sweet... If I had need for that sorta power, its what I'd get.

3. Scott D

Scott D

Apr 21, 2003
    Minneapolis, MN
    i love my svt3 pro...