Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ampeg + Behringer stuff

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Slayer bass, Sep 25, 2003.

1. Hi,

My current amplification setup is Ampeg SVP-BSP preamp, behringer MDX-1400 compressor, Behringer T-1951 Equalizer and a 500w Power amplifier.
    Well, I would like to have a more flexible equalization that’s why I bought the Behringer equalizer, but the Beringer Equalizer T-1951 don’t sound that good for my taste, I think it’s the valve on each channel, and last time I used it sometimes the output level changed while I was playing.
    And I don’t use the overdrive channel of the SVP-BSP, in fact I HATE the overdrive channel sound.
    The best alternative to me would be to sell the SVP-BSP and T-1951 and buy a SVP-PRO, but I can’t find this unit where I live (São Paulo – Brazil), “please don’t ask me how I Bought the SVP-BSP”.
    Well, there’s a Ampeg SVT-3 in a store aronund here, and behringer stuff is very easy to find.
    So I ask you, what would you do?

Sell the SVP-BSP, the T-1951 and the power amplifier and buy the SVT-3

OR

Sell the T-1951 and just buy a PEQ-2200 (I’ve read a lot of good reviews about this unit)

Thanks

2. McHack

McHack

Jul 29, 2003
    Central Ohio!
    SVT3Pro's ARE very sweet... If I had need for that sorta power, its what I'd get.

3. Scott D

Scott D

Apr 21, 2003
    Minneapolis, MN
    i love my svt3 pro...