Ampeg BR200R updates?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Orpheus55, Apr 25, 2007.

1. Any recent updates on the Ampeg BR200R fuse/horn-switch problems I saw here some weeks ago? This amp would be perfect for my needs if all's been resolved, otherwise I may look at the Fender Bassman 210. I know SRXplayer and others aren't crazy about the Ampeg BA series these days. Let me know what the vibes are out there on the great-looking BR200R. Thanks in advance!

2. wyleeboxer

wyleeboxer Supporting Member

Apr 28, 2005
    Orange County, CA
    After over 2 months the music shop finally got the replacement B200r in, I went and checked it out. Everything seemed to work fine, especially when switching back and forth from the horn inputs. I already got a new RS115 insted, so I left the B200r behind at the shop.

3. I have followed your saga with interest and empathy, and thanks for the update; best of luck with your new rig.

4. I bought a new one about 3 weeks ago. So far no problems. switched between horn and no horn...everything is gravy......so far, and will continue to be hopefully, knock on wood.

5. Jerrold Tiers

Jerrold Tiers

Nov 14, 2003
    St Louis
    That problem was taken care of, and all stock was corrected.

6. great!

That's my next amp!

7. srxplayer

srxplayer

May 19, 2004
    Highland, CA
    I have'nt been crazy about the new combos. I own an older non-tube preamp BA115HP and I have always liked it. It sounds really good. For small gigs and jams it's great. I was really dissapointed with what happened with the new Ampegs especially the B200R's.

According to Jerrold Tiers they seem to have it sorted out. He should know.

If you really want one it won't hurt to try one out.

8. That's great news and I appreciate your sharing it with me. I'd been leaning toward a Carvin, but need availability of local service. Thank you!

9. srxplayer

srxplayer

May 19, 2004
    Highland, CA