Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ampeg br2e case rattle

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Caps, Jan 26, 2006.

1. Caps

Caps

Jan 26, 2006
    I just purchased an Ampeg br2e 2 days ago, and I like the tone and all, but the case rattles when I hit a low string. Is that how they are, its a rack mountable head, and I have it just sitting on the cabinet, but I never had that issue with the other heads in the past.

On a last note, I have been hearing so much talk about the GK 700rb and 1001, I was wondering If I should exchange it for one. Which one is more common for a 4x10 or 6x10 . Right now Im playing through a 4x10 workingman, but in a few weeks Im eaither getting a powerhouse 1000 or the 6x10 goliath. I just want the right head that will last and I wont have to upgrade for a long while. Will the GK give a senior goliath a good low end tone or will it be too punchy, I had a senior goliath but sold it, however it was going through a workingman 4004 so it wasnt getting that much power, but I thought it sounded fine.

- D Capx