1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ampeg BSE 410 hlf

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Mosfed, Oct 24, 2013.

1. Mosfed

Mosfed

Apr 21, 2013
    Chamonix Mont-Blanc
    Partner - CCP Pedals
    Hi there

Just wondering the general opinion on the Ampeg BSE-410hlf cab. I recently found an Ampeg SVt-CL 2001 SLM and have this cab to mate it with. Would I see a huge difference if I mated it with a SVT 410? I get it up to volume for the first real time tomorrow with a drummer so that will say a lot.

2. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Don't know about the differences between the BSE and SVT 410hlf's, but as long as it's 4 ohms, fire it up and don't worry about it ;)

3. I had an SVT-CL and two 410 HLFs for awhile. With one cab hooked up, it caused intestinal distress. With both cabs, the distress was relieved. :D

4. Mosfed

Mosfed

Apr 21, 2013
    Chamonix Mont-Blanc
    Partner - CCP Pedals
    Mmmmmmmmm the brown noise! That's definitely the goal - it's all fun and games until your audience poops their pants.

5. Mosfed

Mosfed

Apr 21, 2013
    Chamonix Mont-Blanc
    Partner - CCP Pedals
    I would bet you have played through some of these over the years. They look like basic SVT cabs with a metal grill. Mine has some cool stylized Ampeg logo on the bottom in the center. Slightly less wide than the SVT-CL.

6. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Ya, the only one I've played other than the SVT 410hlf is the PR410hlf. Sorry ;)

7. Mosfed

Mosfed

Apr 21, 2013
    Chamonix Mont-Blanc
    Partner - CCP Pedals
    Thanks for your input bud

8. Mosfed

Mosfed

Apr 21, 2013
    Chamonix Mont-Blanc
    Partner - CCP Pedals
    actually one more question -

There is a tweeter setting on the back for on, off, -6db. Where would you set it? off?

9. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Of course!

10. Mosfed

Mosfed

Apr 21, 2013
    Chamonix Mont-Blanc
    Partner - CCP Pedals
    That's what I thought. Thanks dude.

Although the control is confusing. It's labeled "high frequency attenuator" with settings - off, -6 and 0. So does off mean that the attenuator is off or that the high frequencies are off?