Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ampeg BSE410HE VS SVT810E

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Remington, Nov 19, 2001.

1. Remington

Remington

Nov 19, 2001
    USA, Michigan
    I was just wondering what people thought was a better deal, a 410 w/ horn for about $500 or a 810 for about $900.
    Thanks

2. hyperlitem

hyperlitem Guest

Jul 25, 2001
    Indianapolis, IN
    I don't have one, but i don't think anything looks cooler than a ampeg 8x10. They punch real hard and are very loud. I think thats the better deal..BUT if u don't want to lug one around i'd go with the 4x10. I mean don't get me wrong any ampeg cab is great in my book, so u can't make a bad choice here.

3. Remington

Remington

Nov 19, 2001
    USA, Michigan
    Yeah, I know what you mean. Seeing a SVT810 on stage is total awsome, but in my case I do not have the funds for that.. "Someday, she will me mine.. o yes, someday she will be mine" -waynes world

4. Ty McNeely

Ty McNeely

Mar 27, 2000
    TX
    And we all know that looks are all that matters:rolleyes:

5. lo-end

lo-end

Jun 15, 2001
    PA
    what? what? you would rather buy a ugly cab with tears all over it and little pictures of unicorns and stickers all over it than a new one?

If looks arent important then why do they make basses in different colors? ;)

as for your question, I would say the 810. It sounds a lot better (IMO) than the 410HLF and it handles more power. It also looks cool. :D

6. Remington

Remington

Nov 19, 2001
    USA, Michigan
    In my book looks come in 2ed, but sound comes in 1st. I was just saying that yes they look really really awsome (SVT810), but they also sound great.
    If a amp was pink and w/ green poke a dots and it and it had the best sound in the world, Ide use it...:rolleyes: