Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ampeg BSE410HLF as standalone cab

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by lame(B)ass, Jun 18, 2004.

1. lame(B)ass

lame(B)ass

Jun 18, 2004
    Slovakia
    Hi ladies and gentlemens!

I will be owner of Ampeg SVT200T soon and I will need cab for it.
    I ran across chance to buy used Ampeg BSE410HLF 4 ohm. The Ampeg puts 350W @ 4 ohm.

Too bad I don't have chance to try it in full band situation....

So my question is, how do these stand as standalone basscab in full band setup? We play metal, but no downtuned geetars and no tube stack/halfstacks/combos, just seriously loud drummer. I use Trace Elliot 150W 15" combo right now, but I need more cone area and few more watts. The sensitivity of Ampeg cabs scares me kinda....yeah and I hate massive low end boom, I'm after good midrange and lowmids to cut thru

Thanx! :bassist: :)

2. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    I use a B2R with the SVT 410HLF with a Guitarist that has a 100w all tube 1/2 stack & I'm told to turn down (not that I listen) often. :)

3. MascisMan

MascisMan

Nov 21, 2003
    Dallas, Tx
    Im putting 500 watts into my Ampeg SVT-410HLF and it is way plenty. Im dealing with a 100 watt tube Marshall halfstack and a pianist in the practice room and it is more than enough.

4. BSE410HLF not SVT-410HLF guys that I love so much and one that makes awesome basses. ;)

5. lame(B)ass

lame(B)ass

Jun 18, 2004
    Slovakia
    :D

I looked at the Ampeg site, and according to tech. data, they are not that different. Yeah, BSE410HLF cost bit more than SVT-410HLF, so it should be a bit better....well...:D

6. MascisMan

MascisMan

Nov 21, 2003
    Dallas, Tx
    Specs look identical to me except the BSE has a sensitivity of 1 db higher which wont make any difference at all. The SVT can play 2Hz lower which is not really a difference...

7. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    That's uncalled for. :meh:

8. MascisMan

MascisMan

Nov 21, 2003
    Dallas, Tx

I'll say....... :scowl:

9. I was totally kidding I love you guys.

10. MascisMan

MascisMan

Nov 21, 2003
    Dallas, Tx

thought so... ;)

11. MascisMan

MascisMan

Nov 21, 2003
    Dallas, Tx

:rollno: :ninja: :scowl: :p

12. lame(B)ass

lame(B)ass

Jun 18, 2004
    Slovakia
    If someone wants to add something new to this thread, I give him another chance! ;)