Ampeg BSE410HLF

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by shaggyc_umr, Jun 21, 2002.

1. What are people's thoughts on this cab. I would be pushing it with a Fender Bassman 400, and playing hard rock/metal out of it.
  2. virtual.ray

Oct 25, 2000
    I have one,and I power it with either an SWR sm400s which sends it 500 watts since it's a 4 ohm cabinet,or a Gallien Krueger 1001rb which gives it 540 watts.I play fingerstyle,never a pick,and it gets a round,full sound but it's not as quick to respond as maybe an SWR or Bag End might be.To my ears it sounds a little cleaner than the SVT410hlf but it definitely still has the signature Ampeg thump.I've also tried the newer BXT410 and still like the BSE better for what I do.Try to find a store that will let you try one with a couple of other heads and cabs with your own bass to get your own idea.
  3. I've got two of them and play metal/rock they sound good IMO. No regrets so far.
  4. I have one as well and push it with a SVT-3pro and have no complaints. Just that my guitar player traded his amp for a bigger one and now I need a bigger cab...I'm thinking Goliath Sr.:D

5. Ok. All I've heard so far is praise, which is good, but are there any complaints? Any little thing that bugs you I wanna know. Becuase I'm a broke college student and I don't want to end up wasting what little money I have.

6. So far the only thing I can come up with is they are heavy 91lbs. You should be pleased with the cab. I know I am:) Except for when I have to move both of them:( hope that helps.