1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Ampeg BSE410HLF

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by shaggyc_umr, Jun 21, 2002.

1. What are people's thoughts on this cab. I would be pushing it with a Fender Bassman 400, and playing hard rock/metal out of it.

2. virtual.ray

virtual.ray

Oct 25, 2000
    I have one,and I power it with either an SWR sm400s which sends it 500 watts since it's a 4 ohm cabinet,or a Gallien Krueger 1001rb which gives it 540 watts.I play fingerstyle,never a pick,and it gets a round,full sound but it's not as quick to respond as maybe an SWR or Bag End might be.To my ears it sounds a little cleaner than the SVT410hlf but it definitely still has the signature Ampeg thump.I've also tried the newer BXT410 and still like the BSE better for what I do.Try to find a store that will let you try one with a couple of other heads and cabs with your own bass to get your own idea.

3. I've got two of them and play metal/rock they sound good IMO. No regrets so far.

4. I have one as well and push it with a SVT-3pro and have no complaints. Just that my guitar player traded his amp for a bigger one and now I need a bigger cab...I'm thinking Goliath Sr.:D

jtbp

5. Ok. All I've heard so far is praise, which is good, but are there any complaints? Any little thing that bugs you I wanna know. Becuase I'm a broke college student and I don't want to end up wasting what little money I have.

Scott

6. So far the only thing I can come up with is they are heavy 91lbs. You should be pleased with the cab. I know I am:) Except for when I have to move both of them:( hope that helps.