1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Ampeg BXT-210M

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by thehurlatron, Apr 8, 2004.

1. I just picked one of these up yesterday and I have a question. Actually it can be any cab. When I play anything below an A, it sounds like a rattle is coming from somewhere. It's actually air coming out of the 2 1/4" in/outs. Can I plug both ends of a 1/4" cable into them to stop the air since I am using the speakon connectors?

THanks

2. Aristotle

Aristotle

May 12, 2002
    Easton, MD
    Wouldn't something below an A be slightly outside of the frequency response of that cabinet anyway? I've never heard of air coming out of I/O's, but I could simply be uneducated on it. If it's making a really annoying sound that can be stopped by plugging something into it then I guess thats the best temporary solution youve got. Might want to take it to get checked out.

3. Jerrold Tiers

Jerrold Tiers

Nov 14, 2003
    St Louis
    Yes.

They make a really annoying noise, and it's a lot louder than you would think, although on stage it probably is pretty much lost.

Used to be that you could get little spring-loaded caps as an option with Switchcraft jacks. I don't think I have seen those for 15 years.

For a while we had rubber plugs for unused jacks, but I haven't seen them recently, the supplier may have quit making them.

4. Thanks. I'll just look for something to plug them up.