Ampeg BXT-210M

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by thehurlatron, Apr 8, 2004.

1. I just picked one of these up yesterday and I have a question. Actually it can be any cab. When I play anything below an A, it sounds like a rattle is coming from somewhere. It's actually air coming out of the 2 1/4" in/outs. Can I plug both ends of a 1/4" cable into them to stop the air since I am using the speakon connectors?

2. Aristotle

May 12, 2002
    Easton, MD
    Wouldn't something below an A be slightly outside of the frequency response of that cabinet anyway? I've never heard of air coming out of I/O's, but I could simply be uneducated on it. If it's making a really annoying sound that can be stopped by plugging something into it then I guess thats the best temporary solution youve got. Might want to take it to get checked out.
  3. Jerrold Tiers

Jerrold Tiers

Nov 14, 2003
    St Louis

They make a really annoying noise, and it's a lot louder than you would think, although on stage it probably is pretty much lost.

Used to be that you could get little spring-loaded caps as an option with Switchcraft jacks. I don't think I have seen those for 15 years.

For a while we had rubber plugs for unused jacks, but I haven't seen them recently, the supplier may have quit making them.
  4. Thanks. I'll just look for something to plug them up.