Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ampeg BXT cabs for sale. 4x10 / 1x15

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by troll, Dec 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. troll

troll

Aug 31, 2000
    Chicago area
    I have two Ampeg BXT cabs for sale. If you don't already know the specs, you can find them on ampeg.com. High power loud articulate cabs. Huge wall of sound, that I don't want to lug around anymore.

Will seperate, but local pickup and delivery only please.

$450 a piece, $850 takes the whole stack (both cabs).

Both cabs are in good to fair shape, with minor everyday wear, some light scuffing on some carpeted areas (sometimes you just can't pick it up over that last step and drag it up instead!). No dents, spills, cracks or other damage. Only been gigged about 10 times and otherwise used in small practice spaces. I do have all eight (8) caster wheels for both cabs.

I can and will deliver anywhere in the Chicagoland area, say within 30 miles or so. Or can meet in the middle for farther distances.

Piccy of them at home not too long ago HERE.

Reply to thread or PM for questions or interest. Thanks for looking.

Troll

2. cb56

cb56

Jul 2, 2000
    Central Illinois
    Interested in trades for smaller cabs?
    Are these the 8 or 4 ohm version.

3. troll

troll

Aug 31, 2000
    Chicago area
    Oh, right, forgot to mention that. They are both 4 ohms. I'm more interested in the cash at this point.

Troll

4. cb56

cb56

Jul 2, 2000
    Central Illinois
    damn,let me know if you ever decide to accept trades.

5. troll

troll

Aug 31, 2000
    Chicago area
    So they haven't hit the auctions yet. I figured I'd give the TB'ers another shot first. :)

Troll

6. HamOnTheCob

HamOnTheCob Jacob Moore Supporting Member

Nov 21, 2004
    Cambridge, Ohio, USA
    Endorsing Artist for Warwick Basses, Mesa Engineering, Joyo Technology, Dr. J Pedals, and Levy's Leathers
    I thought I'd chime in and give my opinion on the 410. I had one, and it was the best sounding cab I ever heard. I got it dirt cheap ($325) and sold it the next week for $500, just because I already had a rig I was happy with. I should've kept that cab though. Definitely an amazing piece of gear. It sounds great, looks great, and it's a very loud 600W. The BXT series is the one that Steve Bailey and Victor Wooten designed. With the 15, I bet the stack sounds killer. If I needed a rig, I'd be snatching this up in a second.

Someone buy this stuff. You will not be disappointed!

7. rkatapt

rkatapt

Jun 7, 2004
    Dallas, Texas
    Man I really want that 410 cab I have the 115 portion of it the full stack would be killer. C'mon money come to daddy. How much longer are you gonna keep this on TB before it hits the bay?

Welp heres a bump fer yea........

8. troll

troll

Aug 31, 2000
    Chicago area
    Actually, they went on the block once. Got plenty of 'offers' but nothing that hit the mark.

I got a buddy who claims he want them once his taxes are back (couple weeks he says) but I'm not exactly saving for them.

I was hope for an easy local deal, I deliver cabs, someone hands me cash, and I start shopping for more gear! or something :)

Troll

9. seansbrew

seansbrew Supporting Member

Oct 23, 2000
    Mesa AZ.
    These cabs In my opinion are the best cabs that Ampeg makes. When I purchased mine it was a choice between Eden, SWr, and Aguilar. These cabs are in the same league, and cost a little less.

10. HamOnTheCob

HamOnTheCob Jacob Moore Supporting Member

Nov 21, 2004
    Cambridge, Ohio, USA
    Endorsing Artist for Warwick Basses, Mesa Engineering, Joyo Technology, Dr. J Pedals, and Levy's Leathers
    +10000000

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.