1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ampeg cab... 15" speaker switcheroo 8 ohms to 4 ohms

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Shirleydrumsand, May 6, 2010.

1. Shirleydrumsand

Shirleydrumsand

May 6, 2010
    I just picked up an SVT-15en off of CL but it has an 8 ohm Emi in it.( I want to run my 4 0hm head with just one 1x15) So then I went out and bought a Tl606 cab with an 4 ohm Eminence Kappa Pro 15 LF installed. I would like to know if I can switch these two speakers out. I'd like to use the Ampeg cab. The one concern is the PCB inside the Ampeg cab coming off the jack connections. Does anyone know if these are set or will they effect anything. I figure it is designed for 8 ohms so maybe they have some funky electrics to shape the signal. I called/emailed Ampeg about the schem's but they were to busy to return my emails in the tech department.

...any thoughts.

I thought about just bypassing the pcb and going direct. There is no crossover. only the 1x15 ond two ports in the cab.

Thanks in advance!

Shirley