Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ampeg Cab Deal Alert!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Quadzilla, Jul 20, 2005.

1. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

Looks like a killer deal for a new Ampeg cab to me ($199), but in the words of our own Brad Johnson, "as always I could be wrong"...

$199 New Ampeg Cab Link

2. joeyhimself

joeyhimself

Jul 17, 2005
    If there was a "Deal-Finder" award, then Quad would get if for sure.

3. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

Yeah, I have been thinking of asking Paul (the main admin here on TB) if he could create a "Deals" forum that I could moderate. As most of you know, I love to seek out killer deals on killer gear and pass it on to you guys! I'm totally obsessed with it. It's a strange sickness... ;) :D

4. Time Divider

Time Divider Guest

Apr 7, 2005
    It's not strange - it's appreciated. Yeah, an appreciated sickness. That's the ticket.

5. joeyhimself

joeyhimself

Jul 17, 2005
    I agree. And I also think the Deals forum is a great idea, although it might lead to an increase in impulse buying around the Talkbass community.

6. Bongolation

Bongolation

Nov 9, 2001
    California
    No Bogus Endorsements
    I've seen them on sale at GC for this price (and once for even less).

Compared to the MSRP that's a good discount (especially with free shipping), but keep in mind his is still just a little 1x10" cab.

7. Dr. PhunkyPants

Dr. PhunkyPants Guest

Aug 11, 2002
    USA
    You can find this cab cheaper on Ebay very frequently.

And frankly, all it's good for is low volume/practice. You can get a very nice combo for just a few bucks more than this.

8. You say that like it's a bad thing. :confused: