Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ampeg cab setup question

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by StarchMan, Apr 29, 2004.

1. StarchMan

StarchMan

Jul 30, 2003
    I jsut got the 410HE to add to me 115E. Now I LOVE the combination sound, but as for aesthetics, the 410 looks hilarious on top of the 115. So i put the 115 on top of the 410, but isn't that defeating the point of the speakers' purposes?

2. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
    There's a current thread running about Victor Wooten placing his 1x15 on top of his 4x10. That's a valid setup too...

Which sounds best? That's more important that what looks best...really.

3. OiBass

OiBass

Apr 9, 2003
    Columbus,OH
    I gotta Ampeg 15410(?) (4-10 on top, 1-15 on bottom ((since discontinued))-all together in a SVT "fridge" cab)-
    So that would be Ampeg's intention-
    Any set-ups I've seen seperate also have the 15 on the bottom-

4. cb56

cb56

Jul 2, 2000
    Central Illinois
    OK ya gotta tell me what's so hilarious looking about the 410 on top of the 15. I have the 410he and am saving my pennies to by the SVT15e to put under it. Looks good at the music store. so will I be embarrased when I get this set up to a gig? or do I have to be smoking something in particular to see the humor? ;)

5. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
    Is the 1x15 shorter? If so, maybe that's the joke...

6. Mike A

Mike A Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2002
    Kentucky
    I played that same setup for nearly a year and guess what.

It sounded great and not one single person ever mentioned anything about it. (I had the 15 on the bottom.)