1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
    TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Ampeg Cab Spkr Jack

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by crud19, Sep 30, 2002.

  1. crud19


    Sep 26, 2001
    I was wondering if any of y'all knew what kind of 1/4" speaker jack the new style Ampeg "Classic" enclosures use. I'm replacing mine. Thank you.
  2. crud19


    Sep 26, 2001
    Er... bump.
  3. Well, I've seen Speakons, banana plugs, eightway binding posts, I've even seen XLR connectors used for speakers and I've also seen a lot of 1/4" jacks, but I've only ever seen one kind of 1/4" jacks.
  4. Bonafide

    Bonafide Rodney Gene Junior Supporting Member

    Oct 15, 2002
    Artist for: Nick Silver Pickups, Free The Tone Effects, Carr Amplifiers, PG Music BIAB, Ethos OD +
    All the new classic series cabs use BOTH Speakon jack and 1/4" mono jack (Switchcraft brand) Same jack that you find on your bass (Unless you have a long 'barrel' type jack.
    Hope that helps.

Share This Page