Ampeg Cabs

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by relman, Feb 17, 2001.

1. Any comments on these? I play almost everything and i need a quality 4x10 or 1x15
  2. Luis Fabara

Luis Fabara

Aug 13, 2000
    Ecuador (South America)
    Audio Pro - Ecuador
    Buy em Both!!
    SVT410HE and SVT15E
  3. TonyS

Dec 13, 1999
    I'm a big fan of Ampeg ... you won't be sorry.

If your going to play through one cabinet only, my suggestion is the SVT410hlf.

Have Fun.
  4. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I love em. I myself am getting the SVT810E in early march. As for you, I'd get both. a 15 will really help drive the lows that the 410's can't handle as well. However, don't go getting 15 by it'self, they can't handle mids/highs like 10s. So both is a good thing. But if you can only get one, get the 410. As for the driving high/low, the 410's can do it, well, but they just don't have the inherent low power of a 15. Of course, I might be talking out my ass, so don't listen to hard :D :D
  5. JimmyThePlumberMan

Feb 4, 2001
    Bleh, im not a big fan of Ampeg cabs. Too bland.

If you want some really versatile speakers, check out Bag Ends, at Bass Northwest, . Way more versatile, extremely light, louder, and a much better sound. Plus, their frequencies ranges are much better than anyone elses, and all their cabs are full range. The 15's and 18's are just as punchy as the 10's, which is extremely unusual. AND, they arent that expensive, comparatively. Two 15's, one with tweeter, one not, would be about $950, and would sound bigger than any 8x10 ive heard!

If you are stuck on Ampeg though, thats cool, im just giving you a heads up.