1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Ampeg Cab's

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Muttluk, Aug 7, 2000.

1. I've pretty much decided that i want the Ampeg B2R head, but i dont know what cab to get. i tried out the ampeg svt-410he, and liked the tone i got from it. i didnt get to try out the svt-210he but i guess its the same just with half the speakers. i want to know if the b-series cab's are any good. i see them and they are like $100 less, but do you lose a lot with that $100? is there any major differance in quality or whatever. also, are there any other 4x10's that are around the same price range? i know theres the bassman 4x10 (new one) but is it any good? i havnt had a chance to try out any of those. also, i want to stick with 10's, i really like the tone i get from them.

2. phunky345

phunky345

Jun 20, 2000
    Missoula, MT
    Stick with the svt cab! They rrruuuule! I've played their 8x10 with the b2r and it was a very great sound. But i'm not too sure about the b-cabs. I figure if you can't afford it, and are just starting to get into good/intermediate equipment, be a tight-wad like me. So if svt costs too much for you, go with the b series. I went for the transporter hartke cabs because of the price, and it's pretty nice!