Ampeg Contact Info

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by skohl, Apr 27, 2001.

1. I just currently purchased an Ampeg SVT4-Pro amplifier and an Ampeg 1588 studio cabinet and I have to admit I am quite displeased at the moment. I am looking to contact someone at Ampeg to discuss my dilemma with a local Ampeg reseller.

Does anyone have any info on who and how I can get in contact with someone at Ampeg?

Thanks for your help.

2. Thanks for the info.
  3. ASR

Apr 2, 2001
    Houston, Texas
    If you don't mind me asking, what is the problem you are having? I was considering trading some of my stuff for that same set-up.
  4. ASR,

I had purchased my equipment from a local music store. My SVT-4Pro had a bad vacuum tube and also had a crack on the ribbon connectors between the modules. I also found that my 15" speaker in my new PR-1528 HE enclosure had a 4" rip in the speaker cone. I have a feeling it is due to misuse while on display at the music store.

So far, the store I had bought it from has asked me to bring it back and that they would replace it. Hopefully this will be a good sign of things to come.
  5. What is it with Ampeg quality these days? My SVT410HLN is sweet but my supposedly infallible B2R had to go back into the shop.
    The number of problems and complaints i've heard about the new (SLM) gear is incredible. If I didn't already dig the Ampeg sound already problems like this would really put me off! I wonder if they are actually aware of these problems and the general feeling towards SLM/Crate?
  6. Well, needless to say, I lucked out with the music store I bought my equipment from. They said that they will send it back to Ampeg to get it replaced. I am surprised to hear that there have been alot of problems with Ampeg equipment these days. I used to have an old Ampeg 100 Watt tube amp (I think it was built in the 60's) that is indestructable. In fact, it survived a house fire.

I was pretty disappointed when I spent a pretty penny on my new Ampeg and found all of these problems.

Hopefully, things will work out.