1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Ampeg Dan Armstrong Reissue..

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by throbgod13, Apr 25, 2006.

1. throbgod13

throbgod13

Mar 26, 2005
    Texas
    does anyone know where there is one for a reasonable price??

preferably with a OHSC..

2. ebay :)

talk to davetakis...he has way to many, he might give you one for cheap ;)
    sorry dave :)

3. plexibass

plexibass

Jun 30, 2005
    i just found this thread actually. i'm sorry i did not respond sooner. having said that, ARE YOU NUTS!?!?!? HOW CAN ANYONE HAVE IN YOUR WORDS "WAY TOO MANY DAN ARMSTRONGS"??!?!?!?!?!? why i oughta..... you little.....oooooh i need to go calm down......6 DAN ARMSTRONGS IS NOT TOO MANY........ it's 3 basses for each hand.
    just kidding. i just saw where ampeg is reissuing the guitar but i dont think they are doing the bass again. it really surprises me that they would even consider reissuing it after the multiple tome dan sued them for royalties. i need to post my dan armstrong autographed pictures. super nice man who is sorely missed by me....

4. plexibass

plexibass

Jun 30, 2005
    i'm sorry i never answerede your original question. no they routingly go for 1500-3000 nowadays. reasonable price is not going to happen. sorry. your best bet is to try to find a amped amb bass. mahogony body, flamed maple top. get rid or the pick up and contact kent armstrong for a dan armstrong repalcement pu.