1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ampeg Diamond Blue Club: B200R, B100R, B50R

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by mazdah, Apr 18, 2012.

1. bassman64

bassman64

Jan 19, 2001
    NY
    I dont really have the room or the need for a full out SVT. I did get a GK MB 112 II recently and LOVE it.....doesnt sound like the B100R but it does sound good and has a lot more volume without sound like ass

2. SIFJiggy

SIFJiggy

Jan 22, 2011
    So I just picked it up tonight. U.S.A. Made - must be '03 or '04 model. As you can see, basically in time capsule condition. Also included was a nice quality custom slip cover. Paid more than market for it because of how perfect it is.

Only tested out for about 90 seconds at flat EQ with sellers Japanese-made '51 reissue with flats. Everything I can remember it being, maybe more.

Can't wait to crank it up this weekend.

3. shirojiro

shirojiro

Jan 24, 2001
    San Francisco
    Congratulations!

And here I was thinking that B100Rs were hard to find used these days...

I'm still pleased with mine, but I think the tone is better when they're louder than at quiet at home volume. When I crank mine up, the tone seems to get a lot thicker than at low volume.

I'm hoping to try it with a drummer soon. i'm curious to see how it keeps up. It seems like it's middy enough to cut through pretty well. I'm also curious to compare it with my GK 400rb and BagEnd S15...

4. shadven

shadven Twang-tastic Bass Player and Song Writer Supporting Member

Dec 30, 2009
    Tampa, FL
    I rock, therefore I am.
    I can relate. I have two B-100's. One I leave at the rehearsal studio, and the other I use at home or small gigs. I recently picked up a new (sat unsold in music store in Nashville) 2007 USA made SVT VR, I also have SVT 410Hlf and a SVT 810 AV. I have the best of all worlds... especially if you throw in my 1969 Ampeg B-15n. I am one lucky bastard:) :hyper:

5. SIFJiggy

SIFJiggy

Jan 22, 2011
    ^^^Spoiled!!! These things are top notch - great example SVT VR, B15, B100.

6. Rob Martinez

Rob Martinez

Sep 14, 2005
    In am the proud owner of an USA Ampeg B100R and a B50R and they will never leave me.

Get one even if your guitar player has a 30 watt amp. He can turn down, or should. Or better yet he should get a lower watt guitar amp!

7. SIFJiggy

SIFJiggy

Jan 22, 2011
    Really? 30w tube amp? I'm surprised a B100R couldn't keep up.

8. B100R is great...

After having lost 2 B15N's to thieves, I picked up a USA B100 - loving it, just doesn't heat the house as well in winter...

9. TUEP

TUEP

Apr 8, 2007
    I miss my B100R :(

10. shoot-r

shoot-r

May 26, 2007
    Illinois
    I wish Ampeg had just reissued the B50 and B100 and skipped the PF series...:bag:

LOVED those B50's and B100's......

11. KF2B

KF2B

Jan 28, 2013
    Finland

Aye, but lem ´em be Made in USA :bassist:

Nothing wrong with Asian made neither as good manufacturing is just a question of QC, and that can be done anywhere with will...

Having said that, FYI I am not an American but a Finn living herein far away in Scandinavia. I could had bought a brand new B-100R locally for a nice price but skipped it because it was of Chinese manufacture. I did check it out, and whilst the QC was good - not to mention the sound - I wanted the "real deal", just because :) You have to understand: I´m middle aged, new to playing musical instruments and do this just for the fun of it. - To enjoy my spare time and relax. And so, as I need to make compromises daily on my work, I choose to be a purist if you will what comes to my hobbies. So please - only stuff that makes me feel better than I play, please :cool:

12. SIFJiggy

SIFJiggy

Jan 22, 2011

Mmmmm. Re-imagining the B15/B100 would be a huge hit I think.

Keep that portaflex style but offer some different head configurations. Is it too much to ask for a hybrid head on a B100 cab? I think would sell like hot cakes. Alas, they've more or less saturated their line through all price points.

13. Picked up a B100R a few weeks ago, mint with case and casters! Great tone with all of my basses but especially with the Viola hollowbody strung with LaBella flats!

Looking for a second R series amp now . . . .

Attached Files:

14. SIFJiggy

SIFJiggy

Jan 22, 2011
    Curious: what boosts (if any) does everyone use?

15. P Town

P Town

Dec 7, 2011
    I really enjoy using my B100R. (I also have a'63 B-15, and other nice tube amps).
    If I ever acquire another B100R, I would like to try running two at a time, with one having a VT Deluxe pedal in the signal chain.

16. vin088xk1

vin088xk1

Feb 24, 2011
    florida
    Just found my b100r today, love the tones, mint condition, USA made, great price,

Attached Files:

17. precijazz

precijazz I want a name when I lose.

Aug 31, 2011
    Almanya
    I use ultra bass (boost) and ultra mid (cut), EQ flat. Sounds great with my J and my P's.