1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ampeg experts: I saw a B25B 1x15 cab today

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by denton57, May 1, 2010.

1. denton57

denton57 Supporting Member

Nov 1, 2005
    Arkansas
    I took a trip to a local vintage guitar shop just to browse around. It's a state over from me, but the amount of vintage amps they have is mind boggling. Among the ten or so fliptop variants and v22 and v40's sits a 1x15 cab with non orig grill cloth. At first I thought it was a 2x12 ext for a v4/v22. No, it is a 1x15 cab with casters and an ampeg insignia plate. I look on the back it says b25b. Cab is also closed back, but I unscrewed the speaker Jack plate and saw a 67 code eminence! IIRC, this is not in the ampeg book, and I never seen one before anywhere. I have owned several vintage ampegs, and this looks totally originaland legit. The feet cups on top for a head look exactly like my b25b cab. The only thing weird besides it's existence is the casters are attached to the cab...not a dolly. Width looks the same as the b25 cab...great for my v4b. At first I thought it was a chopped b25 cab, but I don't think so. Anyway, if this cab exists this placewould have it. Among about 50 sixties era fender heads and cabs of all tolex models is an acoustic tube head and several clean rickenbacker tube combos that are silvery tolex. Also a tube rickenbacker head and cab combo...

Anyway, any one ever seen this 1x15 cab before? I'm going back to get it in a couple weeks... I hid it well behind two blue fliptops and a v40 :)

2. BassGreaser

BassGreaser

Aug 22, 2002
    Austin, TX
    Another B25B user!! I thought Ampeg only made a 2x15 for the B25B.. I'm having a custom 1x15 made by LDS using a 16ohm speaker..

3. denton57

Nov 1, 2005
    Arkansas
    Well I'm a v4b user, but I have the b25 2x15 cab. I have been wanting a 1x15 for a while. I'm having a lds 1x15 made right now too. I may buy this one too! I never knew they made a 1x15 either... Will post pics when u go buy it!

4. Oren Hudson

Oren Hudson

Dec 25, 2007
    Gastonia, NC
    Never heard of nor seen one - but I've learned that anything's possible. :cool:

5. Mojo-Man

Mojo-Man

Feb 11, 2003
    :cool:

I only seen 2x15 cabs.
    But, a 1x15 would be great for recording.
    I love a B25 and the 2x15 B25B cab live.
    One sweet under-rated amp.

6. denton57

Nov 1, 2005
    Arkansas
    I am now wondering if this cab was a chopped 2x15 after all. Need to go back and really check it out. It looked stock, but since it had the casters attached and not on a dolly platform, it makes me wonder.. I had my bored wife with me so I didn't get to hang out very long.

7. Oren Hudson

Oren Hudson

Dec 25, 2007
    Gastonia, NC
    FYI - next time, hand her the gold card and let her get excited on other things! :D

8. It's probably a chopped-down B25B cab. I did the same thing with my Bassman 2x15 back in the 90's. I have no idea why I thought that was a good idea at the time.

Chris

9. Oh man, i could never imagine cutting my poor B25B 2x15 in half!! :crying: