1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ampeg Fans-> should I buy a SVT-2Pro for 700.00

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Tajue17, Mar 7, 2008.

1. found a friend who is selling this head,, he says the head has been completely gone through and checked out by a popular amp tech here locally,,,, checked HC and some opinions say the head was un-reliable but I'm a fan of tube heads currently using a 400+ Boogie..

kinda shopping for a SVT tube head to try on a different cab and wondering about the SVT2..

thanks for any opinions..

2. Jazzman

Jazzman

Nov 26, 2002
    Raleigh, NC
    I would buy it for that price. It is a good head IMO - similar to the CL but with a few extras. In fact, if you don't buy it, PM me with his info. ;)

3. Mr Matt

Mr Matt Supporting Member

Jan 18, 2005
    Washington State
    These heads are very reliable & sound incredible!
    I'd buy for $700 & I don't even need another or do I?
    Hmm, what's this guys number?

4. Fealach

Fealach Guest

Apr 23, 2003
    Gone to a better place
    Buy it.

5. Don't buy...and pm ME his info.

By the way...are there such things as popular techs? ;-)

6. I just called the guy and waiting for him to call back,,, if I don't like it I'll sell it to one of you for what I paid plus shipping if anyones interested.... I already have a brandnew 400+ so a comparison will be needed.

thanks!! I call a popular tech one that fixes stuff right and offers a fair service,, non-popular techs say they fixed it and charge you but walla its still doing the same thing--> everyone has been there I'm sure..

7. haha...I was kidding...I just pictured a tech with fans rooting for him...hahahaha

8. eedre

eedre

Feb 26, 2007
    St. Louis,MO
    YES. That's a killer deal for that. I paid $850 for mine.

9. Bassenstien

Bassenstien

Jun 13, 2006
    Mississippi
    Im not even a huge ampeg fan and id get it :p.