ampeg gemini 15

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by doors123, Mar 6, 2005.

1. doors123

Mar 6, 2005
    Does any one have any information on the ampeg gemini 15 amp a friend of mine has it. good ? bad? how much watts? ive tried google and everything but cant seem to find any info on it
  2. justBrian

Apr 19, 2002
    Kansas City, MO
  3. Joe Beets

Joe Beets Guest

Nov 21, 2004
    I had a Gemini 12 from 1965 in the blue tolex for a few years for the house guitar amp. They brought their Marshall Bluesbreaker Combos and Fender Twins but always ended up using the Gemini. It's a great guitar amp. The Gemini I (12") had about 20 watts so the Gemini II (15") was probably about 35 watts. Sometimes I used the Gemini as a low volume practice amp and it sounded real sweet with bass if you kept the volume down. So much so, that when I had it in the shop to be re-capped I tried to get the tech to wire in a pre-amp out jack from the transformer so it could be plugged into a power amp. But it would have required a special order transformer and some other mods so I passed on it. Great guitar amp, but for bass, not so hot unless you are backing up some folk singers and the drummer only plays with brushes. :meh: