1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ampeg Gemini II Mod?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by ZonieBass, Sep 10, 2017.

Tags:
  1. ZonieBass

ZonieBass Send Lawyers, Guns and Money...

Aug 27, 2013
    Phoenix, Arizona
    I have an old Ampeg Gemini II G-15 guitar/accordion amp in good working condition. I was wondering if I upgraded the original 15 and covered the back of the amp, if I could use it as a decent bass amp? Maybe get close to the B15N sound?

What speaker would you recommend I upgrade to?

Thanks in advance.

2. Ampslut

Ampslut

May 15, 2017
    crap shoot

ZonieBass and BassmanPaul like this.
  3. ZonieBass

Aug 27, 2013
    Phoenix, Arizona
    I guess it was too stupid of a question for the masters here to chime in on? Thanks for your input. I'll let myself out....

4. beans-on-toast

beans-on-toast Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2008
    The best modern replacement for the CTS 15" speaker that was in the B-15 is an Eminence Delta 15A. The original Ampeg Bassman amp was an open back like the Gemini. Worth trying. If you want a real B-15 double baffle cabinet, check out Vintage Blue.

In terms of the electronics, the amp sounds pretty good when it is up to spec. The tone stage has different components from that of the B-15N, not a big deal though.

5. ZonieBass

Aug 27, 2013
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Thank you for the info Beans. I will look into that further.