1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

ampeg half stack.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by JAYnineDEE, Aug 12, 2007.

1. JAYnineDEE

JAYnineDEE

Aug 12, 2007
    stoked. just purchased an ampeg B2RE head and SVT-410HE cab.

i have never had the chance to play around with an eq like this. and suggestions for my eq settings.

i appreciate it.

2. Hi, congrats on yr rig. I used to have a B2R-NICE amp. I had the SVT410HLF cab.... so a bit different to yours.
    IMHO- start by leaving Graphic EQ OFF! Leave all eq's flat & go from there to what suits you & yr ears! I used to :-
    Gain & Vol-as needed. Bass -1 oclock, mids 12 oclock, Treble- 1 oclock. button EQ's off! I'd switch buttons in/out IF I needed fast EQ-ing during a song ...etc. I also kept the Limiter ON if I was playing ANYWHERE near clipping levels- just to be SAFE for the Spkrs. Nice tones on this amp tho!
    Good Luck!

3. John Wentzien

John Wentzien

Jun 25, 2007
    Elberta, AL
    Artist:TC Electronic RH450 bass system (original test-pilot)
    I set mine with the graphic off-- bass about 3 o'clock, ultra-mid about 2 and flat on treble-- mine is the B2R 350 watter, but it should be the same. This is the setting I use with a Fender Jazz with Vintage pickups. Set the gain to flash red when you really spank it. I'll engage the comp. button for slap stuff.. I love mine...

4. JAYnineDEE

JAYnineDEE

Aug 12, 2007
    my brand new ampeg **** the bed. i took it back and traded it straight across for a new gk 700 RBII. i like this better. mostly because it works.

5. fenderhutz

fenderhutz Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2007
    Harpers Ferry WV
    California Smile - slight

6. Thinkarogadum

Thinkarogadum

Jun 11, 2006
    NE OH
    Don't scoop your mids! The midrange is your friend, especially low mids. The "smiley face" EQ will leave you buried if you play with other instruments.

7. is the b2re head the same as the SVT 350 except for the appearance? i know the SVT is pretty much the same inner workings and wattage and everything as another ampeg amp, but i cant remember which, if it is, i have the SVT350 and 15classic cab. pretty similar rigs.

i have all of the knob EQs set to about 1 o'clock, with the graphic on for a slight boost of all frequencies, with the bass ones a little bit higher than the rest. i have a pretty flat eq on the amp because my bass also has a 3 band vari-mid EQ, so i leave the amp fairly flat for ease of use. otherwise i cant remember where to spin that many knobs or move that many levers.