Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

ampeg head, multiple cab, connection question

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Nigel Rahmshard, Jan 14, 2004.

1. I have an svt-350 head and an svt410he cabinet. This cabinet is 8 ohms. In the future i will be getting an additional 8 ohm cabinet to take advantage of all 350 watts. My head has two speaker outs and my cabinets have two speaker ins.

When i hook up the new cab, do i run my speaker cable from head to cab "A", then from cab "A" to cab "B".

Or do i run my cable from the head to cab "A", then another cable from the head to cab "B".

Keep in mind i want to be running at a 4ohm load.

Thanks for any help and i appologize if this is a dumb question, but so far i have only had to deal with one cabinet, but now i get to purchase some more stuff to make my spinal tap'esque backline.

Nigel

2. cb56

cb56

Jul 2, 2000
    Central Illinois
    either way will work fine and will give you a 4 ohm load. I think the faq here answers that question plus more useful stuff. Check it out. enjoy that Ampeg rig.:bassist:

3. cb56

cb56

Jul 2, 2000
    Central Illinois
    Hey I just noticed that you are from Jupiter Florida. My Grandparents lived there for years before they passed. Ever hear of Reynolds beach? My grandfather paid to truck in the sand for the beach 'cause they didn't have one there. At least that's what I was told.

4. never heard of reynolds beach in all the 28 years i've lived here. however burt reynolds old house and production studio is about 2 minutes from where i live. and i seriously doubt they named a beach after him. it could be somewhere on jupiter island where all the rich cats live though, or maybe like a section of beach somwhere. they do waste lots of taxpayers money dredging our inlet to put sand on the beach only to be washed away by rough seas and hurricanes. seems like after a while they would just figured out to not build a house or orad 10 feet from the beach.

5. cb56

cb56

Jul 2, 2000
    Central Illinois
    Yeah my grandparents said they lived right by Burt Reynolds No relation btw. Anyway, enjoy that Ampeg.