Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ampeg help !!!!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by fenderaholic, Jul 27, 2005.

1. fenderaholic

fenderaholic

May 25, 2005
    Burbank ca
    i got a ampeg rig yesterday from a freind for free. ampeg B2r and 8x10e. i need hooking it up, the amp has 2 speaker concections on the back. but the cab has 1 4x10 upper daul mode and 2 mono plugs i want to no how to set it up for the full 8x10 use. what does daul mode mean. what do i connect what to were to use all 8 speakers.

thanks eric

2. just run a SPEAKER cord from one of the jacks on the back of the amp to one of the two bottom mono jacks on the 8x10...

or if your amp has a speakon jack then use a speakon to one of the two speakons on the back of the 8x10....

3. fenderaholic

fenderaholic

May 25, 2005
    Burbank ca
    what will happen if i run both the speaker inputs from the head into both mono chanels on the can ?

4. TheChariot

TheChariot

Jul 6, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Just plug in 1. It'll be fairly obvious if the entire cab is working, because if not, then the top or bottom half of the cab will be inactive.

5. 8mmOD

8mmOD

Mar 20, 2005
    USA
    I endorse & use Tech 21 pedals, Eminence loaded cabs, EMG pickups, Jim Dunlop picks & Ernie Ball Strings, BC Rich Basses.
    Hey fenderaholic, here is the pdf owners manual for the cab. Fuzzfarmer's answer is right, look at page 3. Just plug one of the speaker outputs on the head into either of the bottom two 1/4" inputs on the cab. This is the mono mode & all the speakers will be powered.

http://ampeg.com/manuals/SVT810EAV.pdf

The B2r is not a stereo amp so you don't need to use both of the speaker outputs to get max power out of it. "Dual mode" doesn't relate to that particular amp.

Here is the B2 manual as well

http://www.ampeg.com/manuals/B-2R.PDF

Hope this helps.

6. 8mmOD

8mmOD

Mar 20, 2005
    USA
    I endorse & use Tech 21 pedals, Eminence loaded cabs, EMG pickups, Jim Dunlop picks & Ernie Ball Strings, BC Rich Basses.
    BTW, that must be a good friend to give that to you for free... SCORE! :D