1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ampeg Heritage SVTCL Arrived Today!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by kimmyt, Dec 30, 2011.

1. kimmyt

kimmyt Supporting Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Gilroy, CA
    OK I won't bore you with my story all over again but I will tell you that this is the 9th amp I have owned in the last 4 years and why I didn't just buy the holy grail to start....wait it was price. So I finally got a great deal and well this thing is beautiful. Seriously you open it up and it is pretty. I plug it in and it is silent, other then the fan noise it is quiet. Nice! The sound is, well awesome can't explain it but I bought my first bass amp in 1974, it was an Acoustic 370 and it was displayed right next to the "old technology" Ampeg with all tubes. The Acoustic had the cool graphic equalizer which was a first at the time. That was a big mistake, wish I would have just bought the Ampeg then and I would have had all these years of awesome sound. I am one happy guy!

Oh yeah and on a different subject you can see from my photo's I use a mixed cab setup. I know it seems to be frowned upon here at TB but I like the sound.

2. Coelho

Coelho

May 10, 2006
    Astoria, NY
    nice set!

3. bassguy72

bassguy72

Sep 7, 2011
    Dude.....I've got an ampeg pro neo 210 and 115 just begging for that head.....I was ok with maybe not getting until I seen this......so thanks a lot!

4. kimmyt

kimmyt Supporting Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Gilroy, CA
    Sorry bass guy, but look at Amazon the price was down to $1786.58 yesterday and just checked and it is down to $1764.24. Have zZound price match should get it down to close to $1700.00. How can you not jump on that. So so happy I did, just sounds like heaven!

5. Congrats mate! great looking rig! Pity the NORMAL SVT-CL is $2799 here :-(

6. Maximum. GAS. Attack!!!

7. babebambi

babebambi

Jan 7, 2008
    YTZ
    nice rig
    I like the 15 on top
    I would recommend to give that a try

8. jmattbassplaya

jmattbassplaya Looking for a gig around East Islip, NY!

Jan 13, 2008
    I absolutely love my SVT-CL. There's just something about 6 6550's running hot that makes your tone oh so juicy.

9. bassfreakah

bassfreakah

Mar 26, 2011
    Endorsing Artist Ernie ball strings
    frowned upon thats so stupid! that cab set up has been used for years with great results. I use it sometime with the 15 on top. I think it kicks ass. I use a svt pro ll or a pro lll and it always sounds sweet. You have a great set up! One of the best imo.

10. MJ_Sotti

MJ_Sotti formerly "Mike in Chicago" Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2011
    Chicago
    Quality, quality, quality.

11. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    No, actually it's not stupid. It's based on very sound principles of audio reproduction that are proven. However, even though people like me aren't into mixed cab rigs, not a single one of us will tell you that it can never work...at worst, we will tell you that the results are unpredictable whereas when you use matching cabs it's uniform and easily predictable.

12. packhowitzer

packhowitzer 155mm of pure destruction

Apr 20, 2011
    Atlanta
    +1

But one caveat is that if you're going to mix speaker sizes though is that the 2x10 and the 1x15 will hopefully be at least near each other in power handling, whereas the 1x15 can't keep up with a 4x10.

So if you are determined to mix 10s and 15s, a 2x10 makes a bit more sense then a 4x10. Still a more predictable method is to keep your speakers all the same size.

13. kimmyt

kimmyt Supporting Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Gilroy, CA
    Got to gig my first time with my Heritage SVTCL and what can I say.... it was tone overflow. I did notice out of the rehearsal space and on a stage my tone settings were way too bassy. I love the suggested setting for Funk in the manual and that setting on stage is just way too low and muddy. Very simp fix pop the low and high switches out and boost a little mids and the tone was still super ballsy and well just what I've been searching for. I am looking forward to the first gig I can justify bringing the Heritage 8x10 Amazon sent me yesterday for the ridicules price of $757.11. Sorry to say but after all these years I am a Ampeg Groupie!

14. christw

christw Get low!

May 11, 2008
    Dayton OH
    I want to be Tesla (tinkerer at Dayton Amp Co)
    I ran away from the Ampegs for about seven years. Now I've come around. I barely own any other bass amps! :ninja:

15. Awesome rig overall! :hyper:

16. Well IMO Ampeg is giving us reason to be with this Heritage stuff--getting back to what's good.

17. Coelho

Coelho

May 10, 2006
    Astoria, NY
    I have an awesome quote for a Heritage 810 from a reputable online music store. If anyone is serious about it, please let me know.

18. kimmyt

kimmyt Supporting Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Gilroy, CA
    Better then the Amazon $757.11?

19. kimmyt

kimmyt Supporting Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Gilroy, CA
    Well i meant to say better then the $757.11 that Amazon was down to before Thursday morning.

20. jnumme

jnumme Low End To No End Supporting Member

Sep 19, 2010
    Muskegon, Michigan
    Tell me please