1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD Ampeg Isovent cabinet-rare 2X10+2x15 compact design

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by Fealach, Aug 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fealach

Fealach Guest

Apr 23, 2003
    Gone to a better place
    Very good condition. Some nicks in the tolex, nothing especially noticeable - will post pics ASAP.

Rare and awesome cab of doom is a small package. Not light, but it fits a lot of drivers in about half the space of an 8X10. Sounds great. 4 Ohm full range or 8 X 2 biamped. Rear ported. I will post the exact model number later when I get the pics - it isn't here with me right now but I wanted the ad up.

Reviews:

http://www.talkbass.com/reviews/showproduct.php?product=869

Bought used, owned less than a year, I have never gigged it or pushed it hard. I'm no longer playing venues larger than my living room, so it's overkill for me.

PRICE DROP $300

Since anyone wanting to use the tweeter would have to do at least a little work, I've dropped the price to reflect this.

Local pickup only. It's right at the border of MA, CT, and RI. No trades please. I can possibly drive to meet you partway, but I need to keep the trip within 20 minutes or so.

2. Fealach

Fealach Guest

Apr 23, 2003
    Gone to a better place
    SVT-50DL. 600 watts full range @ 4 Ohms, 2X300 watts biamped @ 8 Ohms each. Sorry about the pics - it was pretty dark, and my flash wasn't up to it. Had to lighten 2 of them with a photo editor, but that did do a good job of making every little nick visible. Most noticeable is the one on the top rear, right side in the front view pic and the top left corner same view. It does show some use, but it isn't ratty and would look fine in a club with a head on top of it.

Attached Files:

• front.
      front.jpg
      File size:
      19.5 KB
      Views:
    • bk.
      bk.jpg
      File size:
      11.5 KB
      Views:
  3. Fealach

Fealach Guest

Apr 23, 2003
    Gone to a better place
    Rear jack plate. In this pic the camera was close enough for the flash to work - this is the actual color, I didn't have to lighten this pic.

Attached Files:

4. bassjus

bassjus

Mar 30, 2004
    Mass
    Could you give me a ballpark as far as weight goes? I'm interested(and live in MA), but I don't know if I'm going to want to lug this guy around.

5. Fealach

Fealach Guest

Apr 23, 2003
    Gone to a better place
    Got to be easily over 100 lbs, not sure how much. It's freakin heavy,, but I'm just a feeble hobbit. It does have pop-in casters, if that's any help. My bro who's closer to 6 ft and has been lifting weights for something like 25 years can shlep it around on his own. He has one of his own he used to gig with back in his gigging days. I've seen his in use, always without PA support, sounded great and "right there" in the mix.

I'll try to get ahold of him tomorrow and see if he remembers the weight - he bought his new and might have some literature still.

6. Saetia

Saetia

Mar 27, 2003
    Wisconsin
    You have so many items I wish I could buy... if only I lived clsoer.

Free bump though!

Peace

-Benny

7. bassjus

bassjus

Mar 30, 2004
    Mass
    Alright thanks for the info. My last cab that was around that weigh killed me so much I had to get rid of it. I wish I could get those kind of things around, but it's not worth that much to me especially doing gigs in the city and what not. Good luck selling.

8. Free bump.
    I had one of these and regret selling it 'cause it sounded so good (no, I don't want to buy this one :) ). They are heavy. Good luck! :D

9. Fealach

Fealach Guest

Apr 23, 2003
    Gone to a better place
    Still available.

10. pedro

pedro

Apr 5, 2000
    Madison, WI.
    Man I would dearly love to play my 66's p bass and my 65 jazz bass thru this cabinet. Must sound like Thor's hammer.

11. Fealach

Fealach Guest

Apr 23, 2003
    Gone to a better place
    That's one way to put it. Up close, you really hear the 10s, which are in a sealed compartment making it similar to the 2X10 chambers that made up the old much loved first generation SVT 8X10. Of course you feel the 15s. The sound/feel of the 15s carries a long, long way. It looks cute, but it's actually rather monstrous in output.

12. pedro

pedro

Apr 5, 2000
    Madison, WI.
    I have no doubt.

13. [SD]

[SD]

Feb 24, 2004
    aren't those suposed to be damn good for overdriven sounds?

14. Fealach

Fealach Guest

Apr 23, 2003
    Gone to a better place
    I haven't heard anyone saying they specifiacally sound great for overdriven tone - not to say it hasn't been said and I've missed it. IMO it sounds great with just about anything; clean, overdriven, middly or scooped.

I've never used the tweeter on this cab - I just don't like them. Had a guy over to buy my Acoustic and he was curious about the Isovent so I let him try it out. When he did this, he put the tweeter on, and it made an intermittent crackle when played - the guy figured the switch might be dusty since I have always had it off. I can't say, I haven't taken it apart, but I thought I should mention it.

15. [SD]

[SD]

Feb 24, 2004
    yeap it might be a scratchy pot. or sometimes with some Extreme mid or high EQ's will make the tweeter fart! i had that happen with mi Eden Nav but it's normal i would say.

16. Fealach

Fealach Guest

Apr 23, 2003
    Gone to a better place
    Price drop because tweeter will need some attention.

Is everyone in New England using a neo 1X12 and getting to gigs by bicycle? :bawl:

17. JonathanD

JonathanD

Dec 13, 2006
    Atlanta, GA
    Man, I wonder how much it would cost to freight that thing. Wouldn't even need to pack it, just set it on a skid.
    Jonathan

18. asad137

asad137

Jan 18, 2007
    Minneapolis
    Physicist
    FYI, the tweeter on mine has done that since when it was new. It always seemed to do it when hitting pretty hard. After hearing it, I almost always left the tweeter in the -6dB position or off completely.

Asad

19. fenderhutz

fenderhutz Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2007
    Harpers Ferry WV
    Where is Arkham?

20. Fealach

Fealach Guest

Apr 23, 2003
    Gone to a better place
    Wikipedia:

Arkham is a fictional city in Massachusetts, part of the Lovecraft Country setting created by H. P. Lovecraft and is featured in many of his stories...

The cab's in Northeast CT,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.