Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ampeg Isovent

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by americanmade, Mar 12, 2005.

1. americanmade

americanmade

Feb 12, 2005
    I stumbled upon an Ampeg Isovent cabinet on ebay today and I could not find much information about it on the internet. I was wondering if anybody has had any experience with these and could tell me about it. It has 2 15's, but arranged strangely and 2 10's angled up. It seems like a good idea for me because I like the boom of a 15 with the clarity and attack of 10's. Just wondering if anybody has tried one of these.

2. Bongolation

Bongolation

Nov 9, 2001
    California
    No Bogus Endorsements
    Funny, I could have sworn that was intended to say, "AMPEG INSOLVENT!"

Thinkin'..."Just my luck, I walk in the house straight back from Guitar Center with a new Ampeg amp and they go belly-up on me!"

Whew! :D

3. That's exactly what I thought I read too.

4. notanaggie

notanaggie Guest

Sep 30, 2003
    Me three.......you guys must read fast also.....we miss stuff doing that.

My second thought was.....heck they better have money, they just got bought, and Sun Capital Partners (owner of LOUD) has a LOT of money.

That's when I read it again.

Isovent is different from the one with the rear-firing and front firing speakers, right?

5. Is that the one with the Peavey head? I have the exact smae rig and I LOVE the cabinet. However they're right about the head. My peavey head stinks. I've borrowed an Ampeg and a fender head for different uses and they both sound muchmuchmuch better. again: Isovent rocks, Peavey head with it sucks.

6. Wow, strange cab, especaially with the rear fireing 15"er , odd that

for the price peavey heads are great (well my firebass is anyway) :p

reliable as hell, and mine sounds great now ive got a sansamp BDDI!

7. Yes.