1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ampeg Micro VR + 2 cabs

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by ThatBassistDude, Apr 5, 2011.

1. I have been looking for a new rig cause I want to retire my Marshall JCM600 head, I have seen lots of threads about these little Micro VR stacks. I want to know if pairing the head with two of the matching 210 cabs will be enough to gig with. Thanks.

2. Like many of these questions, it depends how loud your band is. There are guys out there who don't find 600 watts enough.

Many people do it, so I guess the answer is yes........ probably.

3. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Yamaha, Ampeg, Line 6, EMG
    it is for me. actually one cab is enough for me, but i got a second because i like bigger rigs.

4. BassmanPaul

BassmanPaul Inactive

I've lost the thread so Jimmy, did you ever suss out the two cabinet problem you were having?

5. Were loud but not the loudest, we have a pretty good PA so I should be fine

6. hdracer

hdracer

Feb 15, 2009
    Elk River, MN.
    +1 I have been wondering if you got it figured out or not.

7. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Yamaha, Ampeg, Line 6, EMG
    did yesterday paul...and it turned out to be operator error ;) my p lyte has duncan qp's on it, which apparently have a lot more subsonic content than i knew. it's not louder than a normal precision, but i could get the volume up more with a regular precision, so the conclusion i came to with the help of a customer who seemed to know audio, is that the qp is hotter in the down low lows than i can hear. so now that i realize that, i adjusted the eq down accordingly, and it seems to be working fine.

i probably could have solved this if my regular precision hadn't been in the shop for the last 4 months! :D but the only other precision i have here has dimarzio model pj's, which are insanely hot.

8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 9, 2021