1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ampeg Micro VR

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by maniman, May 12, 2010.

1. maniman

maniman

Sep 15, 2009
    I have a question about the which cab to twin with the Ampeg Micro VR. I am of limited funds and whilst I realise Ampeg would recommend/like me to use an Ampeg cab with the Micro VR, I am wondering whether I could use another cab, such as a Peavey which would be at least £200 cheaper.

This is my first bass amp, have been using my guitarists 300w Trace, but felt i have burdened him a bit too long with borrowing it, and keen to sort out my own set up.

We do small/medium gigs, birthdays, weddings, the odd pub and wine bar and generally play older stuff (soul, R&B, and 60s/70s rock) so wanted a warmer and dare I say "vintage" tone (you see I've been reading the marketing collateral).

Welcome any advice

Peace

2. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    you can use any cab you want, really.

3. MingusBass

MingusBass Commercial User

Sep 27, 2004
    Fort Wayne,Indiana
    Sweetwater Sound-Sales
    The matching cab, the SVT210AV is sweet if you ask me. Get a couple and rock the hell out of it. They are lightweight and sound great!

I forgot to mention, they're fairly inexpensive!

4. lazyone2

lazyone2

Jul 27, 2006
    new jersey shore
    +1